Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Myrtle Beach 2013

We just got back from our trip to the beach yesterday and let me tell you, it was exhausting! Who would have thought that going to the beach would be so relaxing and tiring all at the same time. Taking a toddler on vacation is hard work. This is the first trip we have taken as just us three, so this is really the first time we didn't have any help this time. It even wore Hadley out. She went full throttle the first day without even napping and then by the second day she decided she would nap. On the third day she was pretty cranky all day because she started running a fever of 103.5 the night before. Let me tell you, it never fails that my kid runs a fever every.single.time we leave the house. She doesn't usually end up actually sick, but she always runs a fever for a day or two. It's the strangest thing. 

Anyway, on our first day we spent the whole day at the beach. From 9-3 we splashed in the water and picked seashells. 

That night we went to eat at Wild Wings Cafe and walked around Boardwalk at the Beach and rode rides and did some shopping. She had so much fun looking at the fish and turtles along the bridge and daddy bought her a new Life is Good shirt. She is one spoiled little girl.

The next day we got up and spend half the day at the beach and the other half at the pool.

Successfully napping in the shade with Bella. 

That night we went to dinner at Margaritaville at Broadway at the Beach and walked around riding rides and doing more shopping. I knew something was wrong because she wanted to be held the entire time and halfway through when Adam handed her to me I noticed she had a fever. I didn't have anything on me so I had to wait til we got back to the room to take her temperature. Sure enough she had a temp of 103.5. I gave her some tylenol and she spent that night in bed with us. I loved having her sleep beside me. 

She was still feeling pretty crummy the night day and ran a low grade fever pretty much all day. We spent the morning at the beach and she fell asleep around 12 and we napped on the beach under the umbrella for about 2 hours. As soon as she woke up she was still cranky and we tried to go to pool and that was a disaster. We decided to stay in that night because I also started feeling really bad. Hadley and I were really pitiful that 3rd day. Father's Day. Sorry, Adam.

Our last day we decided to swing by Ripley's Aquarium on our way out because we knew Hadley would love it. This aquarium was pretty small, but she didn't care. She ran all over that place. They had a play room with a slide, puzzles, blocks and a train track and I think she loved it more than the fish. She got to pet a baby shark and see a mermaid.  I felt awful that morning so I didn't take any pictures on my phone, but Adam took a lot. 

Overall we had a good time and Hadley really loved the ocean. I just wish we didn't get sick there at the end, but something always happens. Today Hadley isn't running a fever anymore, but she has been coughing. I am still feeling pretty crappy myself. Hopefully we will get over this pretty soon.


  1. There's nothing worse than being sick while you are on vacation. I hate when that happens. I'm glad she started to feel better on the last day. Hopefully you will soon.

    And yes, vacations are exhausting! The prep for it, and then the actual vacation, the driving, and then when you get home all of the packing and laundry! I always feel like I need a vacation to recoup from my vacation. But I love traveling!

  2. Aw, all your pictures are so cute! Despite being sick it looks like you had a fabulous time. She is just too cute!