Monday, September 23, 2013

First fair

Last night I decided at the last minute that I wanted to take Hadley to the fair. I say last minute, but I have been thinking about it for the last week. I only semi regret it because it was so expensive and our bank account is not happy with me. 

The first ride we did was the ferris wheel and Hadley loved it. She declared it her favorite ride. I did not like it. My child is brave.
She rode pretty much all of the little kiddie rides and had a blast. She smiled the whole time. (Except for the guy wouldn't let her on the rollercoaster caterpillar ride because she wasn't tall enough.)
There was a toddler driving school in expo center with various little cars like the cozy coupe that you drove around traffic cones and she loved it. She has actually never been in a cozy coupe or anything like that, so it took her a minute to figure out how to move her feet to make the car move. After she figured out she tried every different kind of car they had.
Of course the thing I was excited the most about was the animals. Goats, cows, horses, kangaroos, zebra, rabbits, sheep, etc. Hadley always loves the goats, so that was the only picture I took of her visiting the animals.
Before leaving we had to have some fattening fair food and decided on ribbon fries, funnel cakes, and lemonade. Hadley noticed the blow up dolphins and I paid $5 for that thing just to avoid the guy guessing my weight. Ugh. 
That stupid $5 dolphin ended up having a hole in it that I am blowing up multiple times a day. 
I guess the important part was that she had a blast. That's all that matters in the end anyway. I stared in awe of my child while she was riding those rides and how easily she finds joy. I love that little girl so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment