Monday, December 5, 2011

I made it...barely.

I made it to Tennessee! It was not an easy journey whatsoever, but here I am. Now, here is a little story of my chaotic past 2 days.

Saturday morning I headed to the airport around 8 to catch my 9:30 flight. I like to get there a little early and we decided to just do breakfast in the airport to make sure Hadley was good and full on "real" food before getting on the plane. That part went pretty well. Adam was allowed to go through security with me and to my gate because he is military. That is one of the awesome perks because it's not fun getting through security with a stroller, bag and toddler in your arms. We made it to the gate and said our goodbyes.

The first flight went pretty well. I was shocked. It was a hour and 30 minute flight and Hadley stayed awake the whole time and ate a ton of snacks and looked out the window, played with my hair. Silly stuff. She fell asleep on the way down from that flight and woke up a short 30 minutes later. I was disappointed. I really thought she would sleep longer. Well, she was pretty cranky on our second flight, which was 1 hour and 45 minutes. She did fall asleep for a little while and then all hell broke loose. She woke up as the plane was descending and just lost it. I guess she was either still tired or the pressure was hurting her ears. She had her paci and refused her sippy. There wasn't anything I could do but hold her. I could hear strangers saying things like "She just needs a bottle and she will be fine." Really people? Like I need to hear your stupid advice when you have no clue what you're talking about. Thanks.

So, after 20 minutes of crying we finally landed in Nashville Tennessee. TENNESSEE! Oh, how I have missed you. Well guess what?

Southwest screwed me over and lost one of my bags. My big bag. With ALL of my stuff in it. To make a possible long story short, I didn't get my bag until about 30 hours later. I have been very stressed out and cranky the past 2 days with all that has gone on. I had to wear the same thing for 2 days and didn't have any of my personal items. I don't want to fly again for a very long time. Too bad I have to do this all over again in like 25 days. 

No pictures from our "vacation" yet. We are still trying to settle in and get Hadley on some sort of schedule. The time change screws all of us up. Wish us luck!



  1. Hate when strangers add their two cents when they hear a child crying! Does not help anything, lol. Hope the rest of your trip is smooth!