Monday, July 9, 2012

Getting creative

Around here I really like to do creative things with Hadley as much as I can instead of focusing her attention on toys. Of course we all know that Pinterest has a ton of ideas for keeping toddlers busy and of course I have tried some of those out. One of the things we have done in rainbow rice, which is what Hadley is playing with right this minute. 

It's really simple. The way I did it was throw about a cup of rice in a ziplock bag along with 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol and a little bit of food color and shake it up. I put all the different colors in the oven for about 15 minutes until they were dry. 
Here is the link for the rainbow rice.




It keeps her entertained for at least 30 minutes. It's pretty awesome, cheap and easy.

Another hit has been homemade playdough. This was really simple too. 
Here is the link to that recipe. It's so much better than the kind you buy from the store. It smells so good! The only downside is that you have to keep it in the fridge and it is only supposed to last about a month. 





Those are the 2 I have had the most success with. I just bought Hadley poms and pipe cleaners, but she didn't care too much for the pipe cleaners....now off to vaccum up rice!





No comments:

Post a Comment