Monday, February 4, 2013

Life is overwhelming

The other night as we were getting Hadley ready for bed I found myself completely overwhelmed with emotions I felt toward my child. Overwhelmed with how much I love her and want her to stay little forever. Overwhelmed with the thought of her growing up to be a bratty teenager. Overwhelmed with the thought of her being lonely and not having anybody to play with. 

I spent that night crying for hours about stuff that seemed so silly. Of course I love her, of course she's going to grow up. It's just a part of it. It has to happen. It's funny how one minute I am completely frustrated with the way she is acting and the next minute she is smothering me with kisses and smiles. 

And through all that love and frustration I am still trying to find a good balance on how to effectively discipline her before she is out of control. She is the queen of temper tantrums and I just don't know the best way to get her to chill out. It's becoming hard to take her places because she just acts crazy. At least once a week she is around other kids and she is doing better in some situations, but is still mean in other situations. She followed around this little girl at the bounce house and played with her and then I turn around and she is pushing a little boy off the bounce house saying "mine." I have come to realize she does much better being around girls than boys. I don't know why. I'm hoping she continues to figure out this socializing thing better because I would really like to enroll her in ballet or something when we get our second car. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment