Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How we do preschool

When I first had the idea to do preschool at home I took to Pinterest and my mind was exploding with a million ideas of stuff I wanted to do. I wanted to transform Hadley's whole playroom into a classroom, but realized that's not necessary. I jumped into this earlier that I had planned, so I don't have all the supplies I want or her room decorated with anything at all really, but that's ok. 

Our school is mostly done at Hadley's little table.
We use our easel a lot. I am so glad we have this thing. We use the chalk side a lot to practice our letters.

Our house has a little hallway half closet that I use to store all of Hadley's supplies. I spend a lot of time looking for printables and wearing out my printer. I foresee going through a lot of ink. 

As for our schedule, we don't really go by one. I try to do formal school at least 3 days a week, sometimes more. On days that we do school I usually start the day with a lesson or 2 on ABC mouse and then jump into teaching her myself. I try to have 3 or 4 activities planned for the letter we are learning that day and then something with math, shapes, etc.  I like to have everything done before lunch because Hadley has a short attention span and we she starts to get tired she doesn't pay attention very well. 

When we are having an off today, like today, I still like to break out the flash cards, books and ABC mouse.
You definitely don't have to have a structured schedule for your child to learn. That's what I have realized the most in the short time we have been doing this. 

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment