Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New friends: Furry and not so furry

Over he past couple of weeks we have made some new friends. I finally broke out of my shell enough to talk to a couple other moms at the library and one in particular, Krys, was very welcoming to me and invited me to her playdate group. First, we met her and her son Jackson at the movies for the kids to watch Despicable Me together and share popcorn. They both did really well!

Next, after story time on Tuesday we went to her house to have a playdate with a few other moms and their children. I was so nervous about going because I am shy and tend to say things I shouldn't ( I have no filter), but all went well! The kids made pizzas, played in the pool, played on the swingset, and then came in and played inside. Hadley did really well! I could tell she was overwhelmed, but she never stopped moving. She's not used to all the kids and excitement! We only had 2 incidents and those happened within the last hour of being there and it had to do with sharing. It always does..
But, as soon as we got in the car and she stopped crying she passed out. Successful playdate I say.

Isn't he adorable? I should also mention that his mama has 3 week old twin girls and is pretty much supermom. I am so impressed with her because I'm sure I would be in a corner crying.

Next, we Adam decided to add guinea pigs to our home. 
You may already know that we have 2 dwarf robo hamsters. The hamsters have been sharing a nice comfy home until I noticed that Gaspard's butt was raw and missing hair. We took him to Petsmart and they seemed to think it was mites. Well, I didn't see any mites so I decided to just separate them and see what happened. Turns out they just didn't get along and listen was biting him. I guess. So, now we have 2 cages for 2 hamsters.

Fast forward to our visit to Petsmart on Saturday and $140 later we have guinea pigs and everything to take of them. We gave the guinea pigs the hamsters old cage because it's pretty big, but we plan on getting them a huge one soon so they can have more room. Guinea pigs are high maintence little creatures and need a lot of attention. So far I'm the one giving all the attention. Thanks babe.

Meet Sammy. Again, Adam named them.
Hadley with Sully.
These actually are the perfect animal for Hadley because they just like to sit in your lap.


No comments:

Post a Comment